Bateman at Centre

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
up the junction

Bateman at Centre

Post by up the junction »

Brilliant. Reminded me a lot like Dean Bell ,tough,gritty,determined.Got to keep him there,it's something we've really been missing.As I started Brilliant. :)
Firestarter

Re: Bateman at Centre

Post by Firestarter »

I've been saying that since saints away last season(emergency centre)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

See my post on the win/lose Leeds thread!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

NO, great in an emergency BUT he is a back rower first and foremost NOT a centre
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Defo emergency centre cp..I was getting sick of the Joel Tomkins( EC).We never learned from his last spell ,that he can't think,or act,quick enough for a centre.
At the end of the day we didn't play fantastic rugby in attack,but we tackled well.
We still play braindead rugby in our own 25 ,and struggle with the go forward collision.
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Bateman went great at centre. Now sarg is out its likely he'll stay there. Offers so much going forward in our sets compared to straight backs.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
up the junction

cpwigan wrote:NO, great in an emergency BUT he is a back rower first and foremost NOT a centre
But he's better than any of our so called centres when playing there .Isn't Gelling supposed to be a back rower? Wasn't Sam supposed to be a half back? Batemans best performance by far.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

up the junction wrote:
cpwigan wrote:NO, great in an emergency BUT he is a back rower first and foremost NOT a centre
But he's better than any of our so called centres when playing there .Isn't Gelling supposed to be a back rower? Wasn't Sam supposed to be a half back. Batemans best performance by far.
Gelling on pre injury form was a far better centre than what Bateman did tonight. He offers far more in the back row probably loose forward when Lockers retires.
up the junction

cpwigan wrote:
up the junction wrote:
But he's better than any of our so called centres when playing there .Isn't Gelling supposed to be a back rower? Wasn't Sam supposed to be a half back. Batemans best performance by far.
Gelling on pre injury form was a far better centre than what Bateman did tonight. He offers far more in the back row probably loose forward when Lockers retires.
No way! To much of a loose cannon ,Bateman tonight was a centre ,not someone pretending to be . As I said earlier something we 've been missing for a long time.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

No problem. We can now have both Gells and Bateman in the centres and spend our money on a stand off.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐